Wednesday 30 March 2011

Another active and enjoyable day has just passed, with non-stop golf for many. I have to confess that my golfing skills are not what one might call spectacular, so I opted for only the afternoon session, whereas others had been playing in the morning, too. However (to use a word that Mr BT always forbade us to use in reports), I was not displeased when my golfing partner and I managed a not altogether disgraceful 41. (9 holes.) We did manage just the one in par, or whatever one says, and the other holes we completed in either four, five or six. And what's more, the rain that was promised never really materialised in the afternoon, although there were many soggy figures seen returning from the course this morning! The Choral Concert rehearsal was held in the church around the corner, and I was delighted to be visited by son and friend, who joined me in the organ loft. As for packing, well, Miss Alex and Mrs C had the whole thing zipped up in no time, and their combined powers of organisation leave me standing. Sitting, actually, looking enviously around me as they make everything happen just like that. Remarkable. So there we are. Another term has come and almost gone, and all that remains is for me to thank you, as always, for reading, and to wish you all a very Happy Easter hols. Goodnight. Bonne nuit. Guten Tag. Whatever the words in the other languages are.

No comments:

Post a Comment