Saturday 19 March 2011

It's very quiet here tonight, with so many rezzies on double credits. Or rather, it was, until we went through the usual film selection ritual. Soon sorted out, though, as I informed the assembled troops that if they couldn't decide within three minutes, then they - and I - would watch 'The Sound of Music'. 'Ice Age 3' was very soon selected, and they're happily watching it now, as I type.

It all seems to be about food and drink with me, doesn't it. Well, let me reassure you that I'm not really a gluttonous alcholic, but I do enjoy good and substantial nourishment and a good liquid accompaniment to same. Quite why I've started on this particular track I now have absolutely no idea, but it seemed pertinent at the time.

Today's matches seem to have gone well, which should please Our Leader, especially after his attendance at the Governors' meeting. He seemed to be smiling when I passed him earlier this afternoon, so I assume that his transfer from one side of the fence to the other must be pleasing his new masters. And quite rightly, too, because I think he's doing a great job, and if the scholarship and exhibition awards we've achieved to date, academic, sporting and musical, new minibi, and the fabulous new astro and various other sporting facilities that are currently under construction are anything to go by, SF is in for a very exciting time. And he's only been in harness for a term and a half!!

All we need now is a consistent biscuit upgrade on Thursday mornings and I shall be as heureux comme une alouette.

Mrs C is currently designing a First Year treasure hunt for tomorrow afternoon, and I'm trying to type (a word, by the way, that keeps coming out as typoe) and shout suggestions down the stiars. Stairs.

I think that will do for tonight: hardly anyone reads the Blog at the weekend, apparently, so I'm orf.

Goodnight, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment