Monday 28 March 2011

Try as I might, I cannot for the ligfe of me work out why this cyberspatial minisculocity should have attracted 98 hits yesterday! The stats do actually add up, though, and it seems that someone was having a good read ....... I can only hope - sorry, hope only, that it wasn't too much of a disappointment. Incidentally, I was asked whether I could see who was reading at any one time: no, I can't, but I can see the region of the world where the most people have had a quick butcher's. I even get a little map, to show me the said regions! (Slightly anti-climactical, because if one person in New York has been reading, then the whole of the United States shows up.) It was the night of the League Feast tonight, so well done, Congreve, and I'm sure a very jolly time, under the direction of Mr Lagden, was had by all. I nipped down to the postbox with my census form, and then back via the dining room, but all the festivities were over, so that, as they say, was that. Apparently, though, Our Leader took part in the Bond Challenge, in which the competitors were asked to name the Bond film that was being described, but although it seems that his knowledge is quasi-encyclopaedic, he was outdone by Lagden Junior, who scored a colossal 59/60! Oh well, HM, just keep watching. (I've often wondered why his laptop sits next to his PC in the study.) My early-evening festivities consisted of my participation in the SF director of studies' gathering, which translates as a glass of wine (or two) at Joe's, along with Cheater the Younger and girlfriend (q.v. elsewhere on this blog, and btw, I was informed that both 'do actually read the blog you know') , our current DoS, RPSH PhD, and the former one, GWH, MPhil, PhD elect. All very intellectual, but I think we just about managed. Lights are now out, the LF is over and the revellers have returned, and I'm going back downstairs to natter with the young until the small hours. Probably. Goodnight, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment