Wednesday 23 March 2011

Typical, isn't it. The one night Our Leader logs on to my nightly jottings is the night after the day in which, unusually, Mrs C and I are off-campus for the whole time. I'm sure he thought we were skiving. I needed to go to the study on another matter, and as he looked over his headmagisterial spectacles, he said:

"H'm. I read your blog last night. I see you and Diana had an away-day."

"Erm, yes, Headmaster. That's right." I was about to apologise for the trouble I'd caused, but thought that I'd quit while I was ahead. Those glasses are pretty scary, you know.

Anyway, perhaps he'll be a little more impressed by my report of a very lovely, calm and enjoyable lodge evening, in which we were treated once again to the delicious French delicacies of choquettes (I can spell it now!) and mini-croissants while watching an assortment of channel-hopped telly. It really has been a delightful time, with well-behaved boys and ever-efficient and kind support staff! I do sometimes think that I'm redundant, because I know that Mrs C and Miss Alex would run the place perfectly. I console myself by thinking that I have my uses, either as Grandpa or the Barker. So, very many mercis beaucoups for the wonderful supplementary delights: they were scrummoi.

It's Thursday tomorrow, and just in case O.L. is reading this, while I'm hoping for a general biscuit upgrade (as you know), I shall be enjoying my own personal scoffing session, as I sip that superb coffee. I might even offer one to higher powers. So further thanks are due for that, too.

Anyway, it's been a busy, but most enjoyable, sunny day, and all my various duties have been a pleasure. Isn't it amazing what a little sunshine can do?!

Here's to the summer term.

I bid you all goodnight, but not before welcoming our latest Follower in India!

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment