Friday 6 May 2011

Good evening, dear Friends. They're back - and so am I, so welcome to post number 345.

It seems, from all accounts, that they've (a) had a really good time, (b) eaten well and (c) are now completely fluent in French. Well, sort of. A bit. I do know, though, that the experience is a good one, and that the staff over in Normandy look after their clients well, so it's good to know that they have had a worthwhile time.

Back here on the ranch, however, things have proceeded apace, and things have gone well. I can't really believe that short leave is coming up next weekend, but I'm assured that it is, and no doubt everyone will be ready for it when it arrives.

You'd think, would you not, that the boys, having had a long journey with a very early start, would be absolutely shattered. Not a bit of it. They were all very buoyant when they walked through the Newton door, with one member deeming it appropriate to greet his lodgemaster with a spontaneous big hug! (No, I didn't mind.)

A sparkling conversation then ensued concerning my instruction 'Everything, incluuding guernseys, to the wash and shoe cleaning' was confusing because shoe cleaning couldn't go to the wash, followed by enquiries as to whether I was born during the war. I wasn't, as it happens, as you know. I was born in 1951. ('Oh, my dad was born in 1960, sir!' was the rejoinder to that reply.)

Anyway, it's great to have them back, and it's good to see - and hear - them so content with their lot(s).

Until tomorrow night, then,

Goodnight - and welcome back.

No comments:

Post a Comment