Monday 23 May 2011

International greetings, dear Followers, wherever you may be - and I see that we have been joined by some friends in Mexico, so greetings to you from over here. I also note that our friends in Iran are logging on, so I hope you are well, too.

Did you know that dung beetles are used with chile and rice to make a curry in northern Thailand? No, nor did I. But that, you see, is what happens here: you just never know what's going to happen next.

All has gone as it should have done tonight, complete with a session of black shoe-cleaning, and five worthy winners winning a packet of Smarties each, which pleased the respective recipients. Of course, one can never win oneself, of course, because there will always be shouts (well, miniscule moans, perhaps) of derision about how fairly it was judged .... (A loud cry of 'Silent Reading' tends to cut that one short, though.)

The biscuit scenario consisted of jammy dodgers, custard creams and bourbons, one of each I managed to consume without being caught by you-know-who. As for fruit, that was a selection of bananas, apples and oranges. I shall partake of one of those when I have finished composing this nightly ramble, for I chose not to avail myself of same this supper time just passed, for hunger pangs had not overcome me at that juncture. (I always liked the work of Thomas Hardy.)

The table tennis table was being well used tonight, and it was great to see such joy being derived from it.

Tomorrow, there may not be a post, because Mrs C and will be entertaining (if you see what I mean), and Mr Randolph will, by special request, be directing operations. So it may be that I shan't be back on air until after Long Leave. If that's the case, then I hope you will have a wonderful time - as we hope to ourselves.

Thank you for reading - and goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment