Sunday 15 May 2011

Good evening, all - and you may be vaguely interested to learn that we've just passed the 350 mark as far as thes evening posts are concerned.

I hope we've all enjoyed the weekend: Mrs C and I certainly did, and we were able to walk, read, listen to music, eat and drink very well indeed, and my playing for not one but two church services this morning actually served to enhance the weekend's appeal rather than diminish it.

I did start the bike, but, realising that it was just after lunch, I thought better of actually riding the thing. That can wait until Long Leave, when I can race around the place once again. (I'll grow up one day.)

Now! Did you hear about our scholarship record? The best that SF has achieved in the past is 14 in any one year, so this year's grand total of 15 is a cause for considerable celebration! I must say that Our Leader was seen to walking around the place with a definite spring in his step - and I don't blame him, either. I was moved to invite him and my assistant lodgemeister, Mr Bryan, whose star pupil managed to snap up the coveted Annah Shaw award at Eton for Classics, for a bottle of very nice fizz in the garden. Mr Porter and Miss Alex then sniffed us out, as did Mrs C, so I confess that a second bottle made its way to the Newton lawns. As you can imagine, we're very happy here. Now for C.E. ..... !

As for tonight, well, everyone seems in good spirits, although turning 'Pirates of the Caribbean' off for silent reading made the film's audience look at me as if they were going to get me to walk the plank. Incidentally, did you know that you can change your Facebook page to 'Pirate Language'? I haven't actually done so myself, but Cheater mi has, and it's quite entertaining.

Ah well, there we are, me hearties: that be that for tonight. I have to feed the parrot.

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment