Monday 16 May 2011

Ah, Brazil. That most wondrous of countries, and the one where I spent some time in my younger days. If you've ever looked back through these posts, you'll have seen that last summer I referred to one of the people whom I'd met out there in Rio, and that a very good friend of hers was here last Leavers' Day. I told her how I remembered those happy days of yore (pre Mrs C, lest you should fearing the worst) and was not a little taken aback when, as I asked to be remembered to her, I received the rejoinder, 'She's actually a very good friend of my mother's rather than me'. How time flies ......

Tonight in Newton we've enjoyed the 'trivial round, the common task', as the hymmwriter put it, with dressing-gowned table tennis in the boys' garden at the back of the lodge, and a pun session in the clubhouse for those intent on more cerebral activity. We did the lot, for about 25 minutes, and it all started with one of the LMs hitting his head on the reading lamp. (Not seriously.)

"Why did you do that? Light relief? Shocking." I said. It all went from there, really, with puns of all kinds on the topics of meat, cricket, television and many more. We simply switched from one current subject to another, plugging away, and when we moved to the subject of cricket, we thought we'd be stumped, but actually found ourselves creased up with laughter.

It's good to know that your LMs know where the boundaries are here.

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment