Saturday 6 November 2010

Oh my goodness, that was a close-run thing, was it not? All a bit touch and go for bit, with the inspection causing such great consternation. I really did think that everything was going to go horribly pear-shaped, and I have to confess that I was very, very worried when the inspector was walking around with her clipboard, looking very, very official. I couldn't help but register my alarm to Mrs C when the inspectoress noticed so many things happening that shouldn't have been, but fortunately my dear spouse was, as ever, as calm as a cucumber in the midst of a crisis, and enabled me to hope that all would be well.

Every time someone moved, it seemed, the inspector would appear from nowhere, writing what I can only assume were less-than-favourable remarks for the report. I think that the alarm was infectious, and it was clear that the troops were as worried as anyone else, so all we could do was cross our fingers and hope.

Fortunately, no-one died, and all was well, with the right outcome. Everyone was happy at the result, which, under the circumstances, was the right one, in spite of what appeared to the unprofessional behaviour of some - but really, when you weigh up all the options, there was no choice.

Still, that's enough about tonight's episode of Casualty: you probably saw it for yourselves.

As for what's been going on here in Newton Lodge, well, it's been a pretty calm sort of evening, although unfortunately sweet rations have been put on hold, as the rezzies rather overdid the post-lights-out euphoria last night, and decided that a quasi-dorm raid would be rather fun. It wasn't. And just in case you're worried about such deprivation, I should add that they all enjoyed the most divine amuse-bouches, which were a wonderful offering from one of you, for which very many thanks indeed!

Well, there we are for another week, then: thanks for reading, and for all your lovely comments.

Goodnight, wherever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment