Wednesday 17 November 2010

Good evening, for the final time before short leave. I really can't believe that it's come around so quickly, but there we are - and I'm certainly not complaining.

Now. Bearing in mind that you first heard that Mr Rooney was going to remain with Manchester United, following his decision to leave the club, on the Newton blog, I should tell you that one of our French residents decided to wager with me that his country would be victorious in the international contest of tonight! Once again, one sweet ration rests on the outcome - and I have assured my contestant that it will be he, not I, who will be handing over the Starburst tomorrow morning, or whenever. He thinks I'm talking tosh, and is, of course, utterly convinced that I am a poor misguided Brit who deserves every Gallically withering look that he can cast upon me. (To be fair, when it comes to le foot, he's probably right.) Anyway, we shall see.

You did realise, I hope, that the rambling paragraph about inspections that I wrote last week was about the one that Holby General had to endure, and not us! That said, as you probably know, our own boarding inspection will be taking place on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of next week. I think I've already told you that, come to think of it. Sorry. It's advancing years syndrome, you know. Oh don't worry, you'll be 59 one day in the far off future. Unless, of course, you've already reached that milestone ...... )

So, there we are, then. Or rather, there you are, because you're there and I'm here. (Victor Borge, 1970.) Have a lovely weekend, and I'll be back on air next week.

Thanks for reading - and goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment