Sunday 26 September 2010

A lively evening tonight, despite the Adventure Questors having been exhausted by Bradders and his team! They all seem to have had a good time, so all is well. They'll probably sleep well tonight. Probably.

Picture the scene. (To use that dreadful cliche.) I had just called for 'Silent Reading', and all were scuttling to their respective bathrooms to clean their teeth. A couple of residents were ahead of the game and were already in their dorm. I walked in, only for my ears to be greeted with

'Just do what the old grandfather said'.

'Er, excuse me, ' I replied, 'I might be 58 - nearly 59 - but I'm not deaf, you know.'

Thereupon, the utterer insisted with me that he did not mean me, and was finishing off a joke. I did not stay to hear the full version, and turned on my heels and walked out. (I then walked back in again, with a wry grin that said 'I know, I believed you.' He looked relieved.

X Factor did it for most tonight, after all the laundry had been submitted, and Club biscuits helped, as did the Digestive mountain, which is fast becoming little more than a hillock, and our version of the Covent Garden fruit market. (From which, I learn, they chuck out a whole mass of f and v every night. That should be of interest to the young and poor .... )

Chapel was interesting tonight - did you not think ....... ??

And I think I'll leave that one hanging in the air for now.

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment