Sunday 18 September 2011

Just a short bulletin tonight, dear Friends, as it's late and I've been boxing (don't worry) and coxing with Mrs C as we've dined with the visiting preacher and the HM and colleagues.

All is well, notwithstanding just one or two small 'boarding adjustments' which are inevitable at this stage. None lasted long, though, and after a reassuring word or two the Newtonian equilibrium was restored once again.

It was good to speak with some of you earlier this evening, and thank you so much for your kind words about this blog: I really appreciated them, and I'm glad you like it. As you can probably tell, I enjoy writing the nightly updates and it's lovely to have an appreciative audience.

Two firsts for me tonight: one, I was allowed to conduct the choir in the first hymn before resuming my normal position as assistant organist, and two, I was given special permission to play the exit voluntary! For those who wanted to know what it's called, it's 'Allegro Marziale' by Frank Bridge. You can YouTube it if you like, by putting - guess what - 'Allegro Marziale organ Frank Bridge' into the search engine. Oh, and by the way, did you enjoy 'Sausage time'?! (It's a great song, though, don't you think? Almost as good as the best ever, which is Elton John's 'Funeral for a Friend', which segues into 'Love lies bleeding', ...... h'm, or 'Hold on my Heart', by Phil Collins, which is a beautiful song.

I'm rambling now, so that's enough. Untiltomorrow,

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment