Monday 12 September 2011

It's amazing how many woolly animals one gets to speak to in an evening, don't you find? No? Oh well, I do. Tonight I've spoken to a lion, a sort of walrussy beast and a teddy dog called, believe it or not, Doggy. And, just like your own LMs, all of the aforementioned seem well settled. (I didn't mean 'well settled', like rap songs, but well-settled. i.e.: they have settled very well. And talking of contemporary songs, do listen to 'Blind Faith' by Chase and Status: it's an amazing song. YouTube it, and, for reasons that will become apparent, before you start listening, think the words 'Sausage time'. I bet you'll at least smile .... !)

Our newcomers are indeed settled, and seem to know me well already, as one of them passed me as I was invoking all to replace their shoes after shoe-cleaning, and I must have sounded angry (as if) because, as he passed me, he enquired, 'I presume you're just 'mildly irritated', sir', with a big cheeky grin on his face. No names, of course, but he has a pair of large pretend glasses with mirrors on.

Shoe-cleaning, of course, is a Big Event. Prizes are available, you see, for the four pairs of shiniest shoes, and there were four very happy boys when they discovered that it was they who were victorious. Tom C was the judge, and a very good job he made of it, too.

Silent Reading started at 8.30pm, as always, and that came and went without any major issues, other than a lost dressing gown, which manifested itself within a few minutes in the Upstairs Common Room. (UCR.)

So there we are. Mrs C and I are off duty tomorrow night, and Mr Bryan, our Head of Classics (the youngest Head of a Classics department in the country, by the way) will be at the helm. If I'm here then of course I'll write a few lines, but if Mrs C and I are out on the lash - er, sorry, dining out, then I hope you'll forgive me if there's a break until Wednesday evening.

Thanks for reading - and until the next time, which will be soon,

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment