Monday 7 June 2010

Forgive me, dear readers, but a combination of Common Entrance, Tom C returning from Japan after seven months and, as the hymn says, 'the daily round, the trivial task' are all conspiring to prevent me from writing very much in the way of nightly reports on this section of the blogosphere. However, all went well tonight, courtesy of Mr Bryan, and I'm sure all is well.

I will be back properly very soon, when normal service will be resumed. Bear with me. (No, not really: that would be dangerous.) Incidentally, the CE English paper required the candidates to answer questions about a poem about a forest: some of the boys thought it was a very odd poetic work. I told them that I thought it was just the Independent Schools Examination Board branching out into new areas. (And then kept the puns going for about five minutes. They twigged what I was doing in the end.)

What do you mean, you can't stick this any more?

Bonne nuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment