Monday 28 November 2011

Latvia, Egypt, Israel and Lithuania! Those are just some of the regions of the world whence visitors to this blog have joined us during the course of today: and if any of you happen to be reading this now, welcome!

'twas the dress rehearsal for 'Peter Pan' tonight, and it sounds as if all went very well. I'm looking forward to it enormously, and I'm sure you are, too. Incidentally, talking of successful Newtonians, I forgot to mention last night how well our representative did in the Advent service, so my apologies for that inadvertent omission.

Our DCR TV's been on the blink for the past two days, which has meant that my morning glance at the news as I see the LMs out in the morning, having dealt with their various sartorial 'issues' (collar issue, shirt-tucking-in issue, hair issue, wrong shoes issue (you'd be amazed how many get half way across to school before realising that they still have their slippers on) and the like) has been rather impeded by the lack of televisual accompaniment. Funny, you know, the morning cup of instant doesn't taste half as good without the anchorpeople's banter. Not to worry, though, because the wonderful Miss Alex (who, sadly, will be returning to Oz at the end of this term) managed to fix it, and now all is well again.

Apple juice, fruit and pink biscuits formed our lodge sustenance tonight, which disappointed Mrs C and Miss A, because they favoured chocolate digestives, of which there were - sorry, was - none. (Sounds all wrong, doesn't it.)

I managed to get all the Latin scripts marked, you'll be pleased to hear, so I didn't feel too guilty about watching Ice Road Truckers. Let's see how the Young Apprentices get on. Then I must start writing some reports.

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment