Saturday 26 November 2011

Good evening , one and all, and welcome to bloglog number 430! Only 70 to go now before I reach the magic number ....!

I'm sorry that I haven't been on air for the last few days: there have, in fact, been a couple of Twitterings, but I'm afraid exam marking (a whole load), report writing (masses) and an episcopal visit (must be some pun on mass to be had there, but I can't find anything that doesn't sound contrived) rendered the noble art of bloglogging impossible. Still, His Holiness was a delightful guest, and we chatted into the night about many things before we turned in. (There's another pun to be discovered on the word staff somewhere there, too, but again, I'll move on.)

We have only twelve Newtonians with us tonight, which is in some ways strange, but in another way rather nice, because it's all quite intimate and cosy. 'Men in Tights' seemed a good option as far as things cinematic are concerned, and it seems to be going down well, other than for the two who are in the UCR, playing on the computer. (They think I can't hear their conversation, and of course, I'm not eavesdropping, or anything like that.)

I think I'll stop there tonight. It's been quite a day, and after having read over 100 English II scripts, my eyes are going all funny. (It's a good job none of the candidates wrote as terrible a sentence as that!) The Bishop has now left us, and he very generously left us a lovely jar of marmalade.

Mitre known he would. (Yay!)

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment