Sunday 26 June 2011

Welcome to post number 375, dear Followers, and it was good to see some of you here tonight after what I hope has been a great weekend. I must confess that I did feel a little envious of those who were able to enjoy the sunshine of today, while I was closeted in an examination room, listening to performances of varying degrees of accomplishment!

Still, I didn't fail anyone, and I'm always well looked after by the authorities, who ply me with coffee, tea and a selection of biscuits that would happily grace the table in the HMDR on a Thursday morning. One of the, erm, more mature candidates was heavily pregnant, and I can't pretend that the thought of whether I might have to act as midperson didn't pass my mind. She was outstandingly good, though, and all was well.

Tonight's portfolio of things to do incorporated table tennis and Top Gear's new series, as well as plenty of happy banter between staff and LMs - although if I'm honest, the aforementioned banter wasn't quite so convivial about half an hour after lights out! (I do sympathise, however, because I remember how difficult it was to get to sleep when the weather was as it is at the moment.

I've written my speech for tomorrow afternoon in the H of C's Jubilee Room, and I can but hope that I won't, as the boys will have it, 'scuff up' during the World at One interview.

I'll tell you all about it tomorrow night.

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment