Friday 17 June 2011

My further apologies to all of you - including our new Follower in Israel - who logged on last night, only to find, once again, that the cyberspatial cupboard, as it were, was bare. I had travelled to London town, you see, to collect the personal effects of my son and heir, who is moving out of his students digs in Pentonville Road, and currently engaged in searching for somewhere near Russell Square that he and three of his mates can move into. Despite all of their (particularly his, it seems) best efforts, they haven't found anywhere yet, so if anyone reading this blog just happens to have a spare house lying around that they don't mind getting a bit erm, 'used', do let me know and we can negotiate! (I'm not entirely sure that a daily commute from Israel would be ideal, but lest you, sir/madam, should be about to fire off an e-mail to me then let me save you the trouble, but thank you sincerely, nevertheless.)

We managed to load up the car in a short time (there was, after all, only one room to vacate) aqnd then we both adjourned to the home of the best creme brulee in London, namely Bistro de la Gare, just opposite where T.C. has been residing for the past year, and had a most enjoyable three quarters of an hour over a glass of planque de la maison and a croque-monsieur.

I bade farewell until Sunday, and made my way home. On the way back, I happened upon Johnnie Walker on Radio 2, playing a recording of a concert by a band called 'Simple Minds'. Absolutely brilliant, causing me to up the volume and belt it out along the M40. If you want to share the pleasure, go on to the Rdaio 2 website, and find what was being played at 9.50pm. If you're 'into' that sort of music (and I am) you'll love it. On the totally extravagant Volvo speakers in my car it was unbeatable.

Radio 2, iPlayer. Johnnie Walker in Concert Simple Minds. Start at 1 hour 40 mins, and listen through to the end.

As for tonight in Newton, happy, contented and relaxed. Thank you, Mr Porter.

See you tomorrow.

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment