Friday 10 June 2011

There was a subtle irony about last night's post, in that it was the 365th bloglog since the Newton Blog's inception. I'm sure John M would have appreciated that, just as much as I do - but quite to where that conversation would have meandered is anyone's guess! I suppose we were all feeling particularly low because of dear John's demise coming so hot on the heels of Nick Aldridge's passing, but I know that both of my former friends and colleagues would have approved of this evening's entertainment ........

..... which came in the form of a very generous party for the staff and governors, for the express purpose of Our Leader being able to express, in his wonderful, easy-on-the-ear fashion, about his appreciation of his colleagues for what has, undoubtedly, been a tremendous year for scholarships and other successes. Everyone was on top form, and the food and wine surpassed most things that one would rave about in many restaurants these days. (How meldrewian I sound.) Anyway, all was very well indeed, and it was good to be able to catch up with so many members of the governing body.

As far as Newton is concerned, Mr Porter VERY kindly offered to do the lion's share of the duty tonight, and when I took over the reins again just now he informed me that the LMs had been great and a fun evening had been enjoyed by all.

I think that will do for tonight, so I bid you all

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment