Wednesday 13 October 2010

Good evening, my Followers, and I hope you've all had a really good day. Especial greetings to anyone who isn't actually a Newton parent, and welcome aboard!

It's been a fairly high-spririted evening tonight: there's been a good deal of success on the games field, and so everyone's fairly jubilant .... ! I must admit that it's quite easy to be swept along on the tide of euphoria, and I'm just as much as culprit as your LMs are!

'Er, what are you doing in X's bed, then?' I asked, innocently.

'Um, getting my book back,' was the instant response.

'Ha! That's what you say!' said a voice from an upper bunk.

'And you are where, exactly?', enquired the lodgemeister.

Collapse of stout party, as voice came from an upper bunk, who also claimed to be 'looking for a book!

Honestly, sometimes I think our rezzies think I was born the day before yesterday. As you know from last night's post, I wasn't. It reminds me of being on duty, as I was today, and walking into a form room, asking the person at the computer whether he's, um, 'checking his emails ....' Oh how I love euphemisms.

I was invited to engage in a staring-one-another-out competition tonight. Now, I think I'm pretty good at that, and indeed all went well for the most part - until one of our more athletic residents asked to have 'anothe go'! Oh my, he's good! (Not quite good enough, though.)

Jusqu'a demain.

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment