Sunday 10 October 2010

Good evening from a Spiderman-obsessed Newton. And after a sermon about the difference between faith and fantasy, that's been very interesting. So I worked on the 'if you can't beat them, join them' principle, and made myself comfortable among the resident, placing myself on the floor and trying, with reasonable success, to convince those watching the antics of the aforementioned, that it was, in fact, I who was swinging from roof to roof, running along the tops of trains and rescuing damsels in distress in New York.

They've been lovely tonight. Appreciative, generous, kind. You should be proud of them Not a foot wrong, and it's been a thoroughly enjoyable evening. I succeeded in getting a response from my congregation tonight, and the first comment I received was from a scholarship candidate-elect, who told me, frankly, that he didn't think that there was a choice to be made between faith and fantasy. I told him, in return, that I wasn't suggesting that he needed to make such a choice, but that if he wanted to, the option was there. I don't doubt that there'll be a bit of cyberspatial correspondence flying around tomorrow .... !

I loved the compliment from one resident of 'Sir, you did a really good preach'! Well, if I did, I'm glad. I'll be in for 'a bit of a teach' tomorrow.

All is well.

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment