Friday 25 September 2009

A very agreeable evening - and I don't just mean because D and I were able to enjoy the most wonderfully relaxing time chez Bryan, I mean because when we returned (and I was very careful to avoid anything that looked like a flowerpot), Dr Dean informed me that it had been a 'text book evening in the lodge'! So, well done the boys - your boys - and well done Dr Dean!

Massive laundry happened this morning. Sheets, pillowcases, duvet covers and pyjamas. I struggled for a short while to appreciate how four items could be placed in the three baskets that had been placed as laundry receptacles, but after Mrs C and Miss Ruthie had exchanged exasperated glances and I had been informed that most nine and ten year olds could work out that duvet covers and pillowcases were usually of a joint theme, I felt that I was beginning to get the hang of this laundry thing. (After fifteen years as a housemaster.)

Let's look forward to another text book evening tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment