Monday 21 September 2009

Sunday night and all back in the nest once again, after what I'm sure was a happy weekend for all.

I returned from playing the organ in Chapel to discover another worship session: this time it was Isla who was the recipient of some adoration, as she lay recumbent and appreciative, in our sitting room. (The room off our drawing room where the television, complete with a full Sky broadcasting service, lies.) It was the dog, I'm sure, who acted as the pull, and I can think of no other reason, other than 'Total Wipe-Out', which just happened to be on at the time, as to why within three minutes the sitting room had filled up with eager viewers!

Taxi bars were on offer as the Sunday night sweet ration, which eventually enabled me to interpret what I originally imagined was a rather excitingly surreal notice on the board, written in D's hand, stating: "Ruthie, Taxis are in the desk." (I do surrealism, you see. You have to, when you do my job.) And fruit - lots of it.

A lovely evening; all very relaxed and enjoyable - and a good start to the new week.

No comments:

Post a Comment