Monday 14 September 2009

A calm but enjoyable evening in the lodge. Of course, the good old bribe of a Kit-Kat once everyone had showered seemed to do the trick again and within a very short time we had a pleasantly fragrant house once more. Top Gear proved popular for the petrol-heads (a fraternity of which I am pleased to be a member) and Ace Ventura maintained his attraction for those poor souls to whom the motor car is as nothing. (I refrained from making links to the Vauxhall Ventura as I thought that would be too sad for words, and in any case, none of the Newtonians would have heard of that particular car.)

Everyone went to bed happily after a very active and busy day and there wasn't a sound until this morning, when I was greeted by grunts and groans in reply to my cheery morning salutations!

Quote of the evening: "Sir, where do I put my home-clothe ........ oh, you wouldn't know, would you." (Fortunately, Mrs C does.)

2 comments:

  1. Love the idea of a blog - thanks.

    Fenella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonder idea... especially as we have not heard a beep from my very own Newtonian. We are delighted to hear that you all have settled in smoothly. --Long may it last. xxLS

    ReplyDelete