Sunday 2 October 2011

Goods evening, everyone, and welcome back.

I don't know about you, but Mrs C and I had the most amazing weekend, largely thanks to the exceptional weather, but also because it was very nice indeed to get to our house and, as the young will have it, to chill.

I had a glorious ride on the bike on Friday: an evening journey, up through our local villages, then down into Portesham, along through Abbotsbury and along the coast road. Unspeakably wonderful as I rode through lovely countryside, with the sea glistening on my left all the while.

That, and some lovely walks, again in countryide that is unequalled, with Mrs C and the dog, made for a great and memorable time. We were additonally blessed in that Miss Hannah C decided to come and stay on Saturday night, which was delightful and meant that we all had a very enjoyable dinner together. And not just because of a most exceptional South African red, either .....

As for tonight, well it was a pleasure to play for the service once again, especially after a nail-biting race up the M27 and the like, making it back just in time for choir practice and the director of music enquiring whether I'd had a 'good lunch' (I had: did it show?), and then an equal pleasure to be able to speak with many of you at the post-service bash. I arrived back in Newton very happily, where I was greeted by a chorus of 'How was your weekend' and the ever so slightly unamused countenances of Mrs C and Miss Alex, who reckoned that I might have outstayed my welcome in New Room. As you can imagine, I simply retorted 'Well, I'm the boss here, so I can do what I like'.

Er, um, no, I didn't really.

Goodnight,

No comments:

Post a Comment