Friday 7 October 2011

Tonight there have been strange sights in Newton. Ghoulish figures have been seen, roaming the dormitories; ghostly silhouettes of human form lurching from corner to corner and then tumbling, gently, to the ground. Bewilderment has spread across the countenances of the Newtonian staff as they have witnessed these strange, alien visions.

I refer, of course, to sheet and duvet-changing. I could describe it all to you in considerable detail, but, basically, you just had to be there, as they say. Still, they got there in the end, and other than the possible scenario of the rescue team being called out to help a stranded pillow, there were no disasters. Not many triumphs, either.

My apologies for there having been no bloglog last night: Mrs C and I were off duty and Mr Porter was looking after affairs. Affairs of Newton, that is. Oh come on, you know what I mean. Our evening of release meant that we were able to catch up with Holby, and to learn whether Ollie really was going to leave medicine, or whether that ghastly Jac Naylor had managed to cast her witch-like spell over him - again. As for the rest of the subject matter of last night's episode, well, perhaps it may be best to cast a veil over the substance of the plot - as it were. I do admire Mr Hansen, though: I wish I could maintain his cool, unflustered composure so deftly, instead of engaging in my nightly Basil Fawlty impressions.

There being no telly tonight, it being a Friday, we turned on the rather impressive old stereo radio, instead. Radio 1 was blaring out, and this caused further amazing sights on the dance floor of the DCR. Remarkable, the effect that music has on some!

As for the snacks, well, custard creams, digestives, juice and fruit were all consumed with alacrity, although I was dumbfounded to discover that Miss Alex had never tried digestives with cheese before. Obviously she has never camped, been a university student (obviously) or 'enjoyed' (not) a caravan holiday in the New Forest. So I remedied this missing feature of her life, and, to her credit, she said that rather enjoyed it.

As I say, you just have to be here.

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment