Sunday 16 October 2011

Good evening, and welcome to bloglog number 410, in which I'm pleased to be able to report that after a very frank lodge meeting, normal relations have been resumed. I spoke about being responsible for oneself and also collective responsibility, as well as trust, and all my comments were received sensibly. I explained that the gap between the 2nd Year and the Removes is pretty big, and that that particular gap has to be filled during the 3rd Year. I know it sounds obvious, but when I asked them to think of a Second Year boy and then to think of a Remove boy, they realised what I meant by 'the gap'. I also pointed out that the business of learning is not restricted to the form room, and that it extends to the games field - and to lodges. Your LMs are indeed learning, and making exactly the kind of 'progress' that Mrs C like to see.

So it's been a very enjoyable evening, and the good ship Newton is back on an even keel.

I'll leave it there, then, anchored securely for the night, until the seas of tomorrow present us with their ever-changing conditions.

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment