Wednesday 5 October 2011

Last night, my friends, Mrs C and I journeyed to Buckinghamshire to be with my sister-in-law and her husband in their lovely home. We had a really delightful time, but our delight was extinguished when we returned (not late) to hear the members of one of our three dorms still chatting. We were not pleased, as you can imagine, and so we made our feelings pretty clear.

So, my dear Followers, would your own hearts not have melted if you had received, as we did, a card inscribed with the following:

'Dear Mr and Mrs C,
I am very sorry we cannot be friends. I do love you and I am not going to muck around any more. Love and goodnight,
xxxxxx xxxx.'

I explained, of course, how it all works, and how, whatever befalls us, we will always remain friends, and so I think - and hope - we are back on an even keel again. I'm sure we are.

Today, I went on a trip to the British Museum, which, by happy chance, happened to be right next door to where Tom C was in a lecture on the Japanese language. He therefore joined us for lunch, which was great, and I was able to catch up with how things are going. Well, it seems, and made all the better by the fact that several boys, who had been in Newton and therefore knew Tom C from yesteryear, offered him their Kit-Kat bars because they didn't want them ..... !

I must say that I didn't know much about African art before I went, although my dear mama (now 92) used to buy various pieces and infer that we'd brought them back from our international travel.s (On which we went as far as France.) They're probably worth a fortune now.

You'll be pleased to know that the Newton telly is now re-tuned to digital whatever-it-is, thanks to Mr Computer-Price's input.

Anyway, it's been a very happy and enjoyable Newtonian evening - and we've all been friends.

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment