Thursday 22 October 2009

Good morning, all - and especial greetings to our new followers in Moscow and Newbury!

Some of you have may have noticed that the daily blogiphying is happening a little later in the day: this is due to what I am reliably informed is a computer upgrade, and the school computer system is not allowing me to access my own work, for reasons that I am assured are for the best!

Well anyway. Enough of my morning moans. You may recall from yesterday (or if you can't then you can read the entry) that I suggested that 'It's towels and flannels' has what I referred to as 'a whiff of the existential about it'. This morning I found myself advising all residents that 'It's everything today'. And indeed it was. Fortunately, Miss Ruthie was in the common room in an advisory capacity this morning, so everyone coped. Even me. Sorry, even I. Existentialism in Newton; my goodness! I never thought philosophy and laundry would make good bedfellows.

And talking of bedfellows - no, don't get alarmed - there were a few whose reluctance to move from their places of somnolent repose (beds) was in evidence big-time this morning, which caused some consternation to the laundry collectors! Still, the guilty found a bit of consternation coming their way pretty soon, so it fair dos all round, I felt.

I must rush. (Unlike this morning's lie-inners.) And just in case you find yourself wondering what 'it' may be, remember: 'It is everything'.

Which, I suppose, it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment