Monday 30 January 2012

'twas shoe-cleaning night tonight, judged by Miss Alice C and boyfriend Ed, and another four expert shiners managed edible rewards, which went down well. 'Twister' proved as popular as ever, with many a torso managing the most remarkable contortions .... ! Powdery cookies, pink biscuits and apple juice all did their respective bits towards making the lodge a happy place.

One of the boys' helicopters failed to proceed, unfortunately, despite a few running repairs carried out unsuccessfully by your correspondent, so there was no flying tonight. I think I may have to invest in a socket set, rather than a Philips'screwdriver. In fact, come to think of it, I did actually own a socket set when I was a student, bought for the purpose of ensuring that my first car, a 1958 Ford Anglia, was kept up to the mark. It lasted two years and then conked out, amid a haze of blue smoke. It had also lost at least one of its three gears by that time, so I was glad to be shot of it and to acquire my father's Morris Oxford estate car, which he generously sold to me for the sum of £25. I'm ashamed to admit that I sold it for £40, a few months later.

Post-lights out behaviour last night was excellent, after our lodge meeting, and from what I can, or rather, can't, hear at the moment, all is well tonight, too. Although we've just had a fire practice, so they're probably warming up after a few minutes in the garden ...... ! (Only a few, dear mothers, don't worry ... !)

That''s it for tonight; Mr Bryan's on duty tomorrow night, so I hope things will go well. I'm sure they will.

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment