Friday 20 January 2012

Three posts to go until I hit the magic 450 mark! I was asked yesterday whether I would continue blogging from deepest Dorset: I said that I might think about it, but quite whether anyone would be interested in the activities of a sexagenarian and his spouse I very much doubt.

Anyway, to return to 'the now': tonight has been one of those very special nights. Everyone was in a good mood, everyone was fun to be with, and games night, as it was tonight, went extremely well, with Miss Lade getting fully into the Newtonian swing of things and playing along very happily. For those who didn't want to play any of the games on offer (although most did), the two computers offered solace, and were used very sensibly and fairly.

I must tell you about yesterday's biscuit upgrade: we went into the HMDr, and there were the usual array of glistening silver coffee and tea pots (well, they're not really silver, of course, but they look the part), and, to quote the erudite Dr Dean, 'the most positively evil-looking, creamy-topped things you've ever clapped eyes on'! They were absolutely superb, and I confess to consuming more than just one. But not a word to Mrs C, if you wouldn't mind. (Dr Dean had two, too.) A bit of a come-down, therefore, to see that tonight's lodge biscuits were the rather more humble Digestives, which, as you may recall, are particularly fine when consumed with its equally humble bedfellow, Cheddar cheese. Unfortunately we are at present a cheeseless lodge, so I was unable to enjoy the aforementioned combination.

Tomorrow many LMs will be at home for the double credit weekend, so I hope you all have a wonderful time, and we shall ensure that those who stay with us have a good time, too. Mrs C and I are starring in the annual edition of 'Call my Bluff', which Mr Music-Price organises each year, so I'll let you know how that goes.

I'm off to watch my new favourite programme: 'Ice Pilots'. I've always wanted a pilot's licence. Now there's something I could blog about ......

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment