Tuesday 15 February 2011

Greetings, everyone, and especial greetings to our new Follower in Vietnam! I know you're there because my excellent stats page has informed me accordingly, and you are most welcome aboard.

It's Tuesday, and therefore our half day, so we haven't been around tonight, but I have every confidence that all has gone swimmingly. After a very easy day during which we have been able to enjoy having our underrgraduate offspring with us, we were able to have a delightful walk on Port Meadow, in the rain, admittedly, but nonetheless pleasant for that. Holby was good once again, and I do hope overseas Followers of this blog who double as Holby-followers are making full use of the BBC's iPlayer facility in order not to miss any of the drama. Mr Hansen does make me smile, although it was good to see that even he can lose his rag occasionally! I must say, Jac Naylor deserved what she got. As for the new Registrar, I couldn't help but wonder whether she'll turn out to be Mr Hansen's wife. Anyone up for a wager?

Jasmine the cat is chomping on a different catfood behind me, as I type, and I'm entertained to see that in one of the many languages on the pouch, the word 'chicken' is translated as 'kylling'. Goodness, did I really write that down? My entertainment threshhold must be very low tonight! I really was reading catfood pouches .....

I think it's time for bed. I have to play for Evensong in the New College Chapel tomorrow night: always a privilege and sometimes a pleasure. The trouble is, it's so dark in there that it's very difficult to see Mr Music-Price in the mirror of the organ, and organ scholars aren't entitled to cctv, it seems, so there has to be a degree of telepathy about our communication.

I must go. I need to continue reading Peter Mandelsohn's autobiog. Better than catfood pouches.

No, really: it is.

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment