Saturday 5 February 2011

"And this," said Mr Computer-Price, at the beginning of term, "is what we call an Archos."

And so sat the aforementioned masterpiece of technology for the past few weeks, until your correspondent summoned up the courage to affix it to the telly in the common room.

Well, I don't know about you, but I'd always imagined that an Archos (which is how I believe it's spelt) was one of those most awful temples of materialism, found on the outskirts of all good cities, including the one from which I'm pounding out tonight's effort. It isn't. Like all technological wizardry, it's something that is designed to provide optimum pleasure for all and ends up providing complete misery for one. Anyway, to cut a long story short, we (i.e. one of my assistants) did, in fact, get it to work. Remarkable. Never has a Bond movie been so appreciated.

Talking of amazing facts, my stats tell me that this blog was read by 105 people last night. Now that really is a record!

Mrs C and I journeyed (how Dickensian) to Ludgrove this afternoon, with the Under 9 teams, and this availed us of the opportunity to drive the new minibi, which we both pronounced as excellent. Did you know that all minibi registered after 2007 have to be limited to 62mph? Well now you do. So if you see one whizzing past you at a higher velocity than that you can be pretty sure that a car with a flashing blue lamp won't be far behind.

That's it for tonight,

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment