Sunday 21 March 2010

Those noisy gappers woke me twice last night, as they returned from their nocturnal revelry! And if they're reading this then I hope they will take note! Those of us who are so antiquated that we can't remember a time when we enjoyed such riotous behaviour need our sleep! (Actually, some of you may recall my reference to 'Operation Floribunda', so I'd better not be too vitriolic.)

It's been a good day today: Mr Nicholl organised a mile run for the masses who wished to dress up in fancy dress and run for Sport Relief. I have to admit that I was more than a little concerned by the chosen apparel of one particular Newtonian, and advised him not to come anywhere near me while he was adorned with jogging suit, pink bra and similarly coloured underwear. (Which he chose to wear as overwear.) As the duty master for the afternoon I kept a weather eye open for any boarding inspectors who might have been lurking in the undergrowth, (or overgrowth): they would have had a very poor view of what this place was all about. (Actually, they would probably have had quite a good view, but they would still have been troubled, I think!)

In Chapel, Mr BT spoke about 'Delights' and listed some of his own. Clearly, this message had been taken on board, because one resident opined to me, as I entered the lodge on return from duty that 'you can find good in anything if you look for it.' True enough - and as Newton's lodgemeister, I should know.

One more week to go. (And I bet a pound to a penny that if you were a boarder at your prep school, you'll have the words and the tune of 'that song' in your head now!)

Good night. (And don't let that song irritate you too much tonight.)

No comments:

Post a Comment