Tuesday 16 March 2010

H'm. Mr Bryan, who had just made haste back from a classics conference in Ipswich to look after Newton, tells that it was not a great night, I'm afraid. Two or three of our residents, it seems, were making things 'difficult' for one another, and I am displeased. I shall be speaking firmly with the unaforementioned tomorrow morning and making the situation and the behaviour that is expected here crystal clear. In addition, it seems, one or two were fairly rude to Miss Chloe, and if there's one thing that makes me really mad it's Newtonians who upset the ladies of this lodge. There is never any excuse for it, especially as it is Diana and Chloe who do the bulk of the work here, and without whom the whole place would collapse. So I shall wade in 'good and proper' - and expect no more such behaviour once the position has been clarified.

There's not much more to add, really: it's just irritating when this sort of thing happens, because it's all so needless. Still, I don't doubt (no, I know) that not every night of my time as a boarder at prep school went without a hitch, so I must be pragmatic. Which I will be - but it won't stop me from making my views clear!

Let's hope for a more even-tempered night tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment