Wednesday 3 March 2010

"Sir, why do you always wear the same cuff links?"

An interesting question, I suppose, and one that proves beyond doubt that everything we do and are is subject to scrutiny by our charges! As it happens, I favour a particular gold pair that my dear wife gave me many years ago, and it's really that simple! Anyway, I shall wear a different pair tomorrow - and see if anyone notices!

Tonight, I showed a few residents 'The Book', to which I alluded last night, much to their amusement. I was fascinated by one entry which read:

"Mr Cheater and Miss Watson are having a romantic love affair in the classics room."

I can assure you, dear Followers, that I was most certainly not, (a) because I didn't fancy Miss Watson one jot, and (b) if I had done, which I didn't, then I think I might have been a little more discreet than to display my affections in the classics room! I suspect it was my MG that did it for her. Or me , of course. (Anyway, Mr Bullivant, the Latin master, was besotted by her.)

As for Miss Eva, the Danish matron, well, that was another matter. And at that time I only had a mini, too. (Small, but efficient.)

Tonight was a lovely evening, with all Newtonians in fine and affectionate form. Football as well, which enhanced the proceeedings considerably - especially with Miss Chloe playing cards with a whole troupe of willing volunteers. I learn from her tonight that she's hoping to go into the world of broadcasting drama: she'll certainly have had the right kind of experience in Newton, then!

No comments:

Post a Comment