Friday 5 February 2010

My apologies, Followers. Mrs C and I were out last night, and Newton was in the hands of another. It was, you may say - as T.S. Eliot in fact did say, satisfactory, but there were moments, I understand, over which a veil or seven should be drawn. Enough said, I think.

Tonight, though, we are being treated to the most wonderful birthday cake, and my sincere thanks to the creator of such edible loveliness. You are most kind. (I'm going to try and sneak ito the laundry room, whence the aforementioned delight is being served, when Swmbo isn't looking ... I'll let you know what happens - and if I get away with it.

Further to my recent media appearances, it now seems that BBC Breakfast would like a live interview in the not-too-distant - and, as I told our local BBC reporter who informed me of this development, that's scary. However, ot does depend on whether we can persuade ABC to let BBC use some already-canned footage of the college in Kabul, so I'll keep you posted on that. (Scary, but quite exciting - as if I can get a bit of national interest that would be terrific. And thank YOU all for your support, too.

Still, enough alphabetical talk: it's time for the residents to go to B-E-D.

Work this out if you can:

YYUR
YYUB
ICUR
YY 4 me

Goodnight.

2 comments:

  1. Too wise you are, too wise you be, I see you are too wise for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mum taught me that. Another one she taught me: a sign above a urinal: 'We aim to please, you aim too, please.

    ReplyDelete