Tuesday 23 February 2010

It's nearly 10pm, and there's still no news from the Bryan household. I was rather hoping that I'd hav some exciting tidings for you by now, dear Followers, but I will keep you posted, as and when anything happens.

Mrs C and I were on duty tonight, for obvious reasons, notwithstanding the fact that it's a Tuesday, and it was a very calm evening indeed. To be honest, it was rather like what happened in Mr's Hannah's form room in 1576: i.e.: nothing - as the plaque outside his room indicates. (You'll all look now, won't you?! And you'll all tell me what the correct date is, too, I bet. No, I can't remember!)

In view of the paucity of news from this corner of the globe, I'll simply tell you that, as editor of the SF magazine, I had lunch with the printers last week. Whenever I tell anyone that, I have a very Salvador Dali-esque image in my mind ..... Tracey Emin, eat your - no, too surreal.

Alan Coren once wrote a wonderful piece for Punch, based on a headline in a national newspaper that suggested that as the Queen had had to postpone an engagement at the last minute, she would be at 'something of a loose end'. He wrote as if he was One, and composed such sentences as 'played cards with one's husband. One won.' Can't think why I told you that, really. It just made me smile at the time.

As I say, I'll keep you posted about the Baby Bryan as and when s/he decides that it's time to surrender the comforts of the womb,

No comments:

Post a Comment