Wednesday 7 March 2012

I'm so sorry, I clean forgot to welcome our new Official Follower, who is known only anonymously! Your membership, madam/sir, has pushed the OF number to 35, which is most encouraging!

Tonight has been good night (that alludes to a song, as I'm sure you'll agree) with a happy band, and a not entirely unsuccesful one on the pitches, either. I was acting manager for the 5th XV, and we won 45 - 0, which was very enjoyable. I told my opposite number, before the match began, that I was retiring in July, and that the match would probably be the last one at which I oficiated, and he generously said that he would be nice and kind. Which, dear Followers, he was, as you can see by the score line. (I daren't admit now that, having looked at the Calendar, I see that there are two more to go, in fact.)

Talking of sports results, am I alone in getting annoyed by the sports reporters who yell their early morning reports across the airwaves first thing in the morning? It really gets my goat, as my late dad used to say. I listen with interest to the measured pace of the excellent Simon Jack, who does the business news at 6.15, and then the calm and collected Rob or Gary come on the line to update us in general, and then they hand over to one of their football correspondents who bellows at me. This morning's report about Chelsea v. Birmingham was a case in point. Log on to the Today programme and listen on iPlayer to the report broadcast at around 6.27am, and see what I mean. I mean, honestly. It's enough to make one want to get out of bed. Which I do. But I can do without the yelling.

That programme about Cornish fishermen that I told you about last week is proving to be incredibly popular. Almost all the LMs wanted to watch it, and hot choc and biscuits made one feel a little warmer than those poor souls who go out into the high seas and come back back with a couple of crabs and a few mackerel in their boat.

Eh bien, there we are, so, as Thursday's not a bloglog night and we're on short leave until Sunday night, I will bid you au revoir.

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment