Monday 6 December 2010

So here we go, then: the final stretch. The Newtonians have been lovely tonight; kind, thoughtful, personable, and fun to be with. I know that you will have had a wonderful time with them, too, and it's because of all of you that I've been offered Christmas greetings of all kinds, asked whether the chosen bedsocks are of the colour and variety of which I might approve (!?), or whether mini -Christmas trees meet with my approval. Oh, and sir, I had a lion on Sunday morning. Er, right, X; how nice. No, sir, a lie-in. Can't you spell, boy? It's li-on, not lie-in ..... did it scratch you? Etc, etc.

Oh, come on, laugh; I know you've heard it all before.

Mrs C and I have had a great time. We decided against West Dorset in the end, in view of the snow and ice, but we were able to welcome our daughter, Hannah (who always loves a mention on this blog) and to, well, just 'chill' - both literally and metaphorically. Sadly I couldn't get on my Hardley-Davison, because that, along with my scooter, is probably frozen solid in our Dorset domain, so that will just have to wait. Instead, we had a lovely icy stroll around Cutteslowe Park with Isla. (The dog.)

I actually did some organ practice tonight! No, honestly, I really, really did! I rattled my way through a couple of Bach preludes - including the 'Great' - and wondered whether I dared play it before the Carol Service this year. I will think further.

I hear that the snow and ice will be back tomorrow: oh well, at least it's festive. Inaccurate, seeing as Bethlehem is currently sweltering in 24 degrees, but festive.

It's great to have them back. No, honestly; it is.

Goodnight, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment