Monday 5 December 2011

Good evening, one and all, and especial greetings tonight to our new Followers in Georgia and South Korea!

I hope those of you who have had your young at home this weekend have enjoyed the time: Mrs C and I went off to our hideaway in West Dorset (although it's not so much of a hideaway now, since the Chaplain told his flock the name of our village ...!) and had a wonderful time. Quite a bit of it was taken up by report-writing, but we still found time for some glorious walks along the coast and in our own extremely photogenic locality. Isla loved it all as much as we did, although she didn't do as well as she hoped at Sunday lunch, not least because she's not as much of a connoisseur of Ch. Nenin '98 as your correspondent.

I must make mention of all the Newtonians who took a part in 'Peter Pan', which everyone enjoyed. In particular, of course, I must highlight the lead, whose performance, I thought, and so did many others, was superb. I think there's a real dramatic future there. It never ceases to amaze me just how splendidly the SFian boys learn their lines faultlessly and give such fantastic performances. I've produced ten plays over the years, and I haven't had a prompt for any of them. (Yes, I know that's a risky business, but you'd be amazed how much it sharpens the wits!) (Especially mine!)

So here we are then, ready for the home run. It seems no time at all since the term began and we were welcoming our newcomers into Newton. All of them seem to have been here for ever now, and it's a real credit to them all that they have settled so well. They're all real Newtonians now.

As for now: let the frenetecism of the end of term begin!

See you on the other side.

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment