Monday 12 December 2011

Wow! 60 views on the Blog yesterday! And views from all around the world, too!

It's been a much simpler day today, incorporating a carol service rehearsal and various other things, and I do have to say that all three choirs sounded great in St Michael's Church, as did all the congregational singers - once I'd managed to get the organ wound up! (I'm sure there are many opportunities there for references to metaphorical monkeys and organ grinders, but I'd probably upset the Director of Music if I used any of them ..... !)

I forgot to tell you how lovely your LMs were at the end of the lodge party last night, and a goodly number offered a second thank you this morning, which was very touching. It was a super occasion, and in my end of term, state of Newton address, I thanked Mr Porter and Mr Bryan, opining (!) that they were the best assistant lodgemeisters I could wish for, Mrs C for holding the whole lodge together in the superbly efficient way that she does, and telling Miss Alex that she'd been the best gapper matron we have had, in our 18 years (well, nearly) of lodeparenting. And I meant it, too.

Once the league-feasters had returned from New Room (Moseley, in case you didn't already know), Mrs C and I sat down to the final of the Young Apprentice. Zara and James were both superb, especially when you remember, as Lord Sugar reminded us, that they are no more that teenagers. But yes, Zara did have the edge, and we both thought that the right person won. And just in case any of you from the Young Apprentice should accidentally have landed in this cybersatial corner by googling the programme, many congratulations on a really excellent series.

Well, that's nearly it for this term: I suspect that packing will take over tomorrow night, so if you don't hear from your Blogmeister again, thank you so much for reading. It means a lot.

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment