Wednesday 7 December 2011

My friends, I'm writing post number 435 at 6 o'clock in the evening, because I won't be here later. I shall be endeavouring to aspire to the very zenith of my Oxford organ playing career, accompanying the SF Red Choir in a charity concert in Christ Church Cathedral, and, right at this moment, I am rather anxious about it all. You see, I'm not really a top, top drawer organist like our esteemed director of music, and while the privilege of being asked to do a gig like tonight's is one that is beyond compare, the fact that people like Tom Ward (Harry off Silent Witness), Rula Lenska and Tim McInnerny (off Blackadder) are the readers, and the cathedral will probably be full to capacity, does make me just that tiny bit terrified. So I've reached for the Newton Blog for solace - and you know what? I feel better already, because I know that if any of you log on to tonight's meanderings you will be sending your support through the ether. And added to that, my friends on the staff (of whom there are very many) have also made encouraging noises. So thank you for caring. I know the choir will perform brilliantly: I can only hope I won't let them down. I'll let you know tomorrow.

Mrs C will be looking after Newton tonight, along with Miss Alex, and I'm quite sure they will manage without me. Can you believe that this time next week the term will all be over? Impossible. But true.

I must go. Have a nice evening - or I hope you had one, if you're reading this late at night.

Good evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment