Sunday 3 July 2011

Post number 380, so I won't be able to make it to the magic 400 this term, I fear. I probably could have done if I hadn't been so pusillanimous in not jotting something down on the evenings when Mrs C and/or I have been out, but, well, c'est la vie, je suppose.

As for last night, the less said about that the better, really. I fear there was a bit of an 'issue' about the way in which films are watched, culminating, unfortunately, in the abandonment of the cinematic pleasures that were on offer. Being boys, of course, while there was a certain amount of indignation at the time, the whole episode (!) had been forgotten by this morning, and all was back on track.

Tonight has been a joy, and no-one has put a foot wrong ......!

Hannah C has just taken off for Nairobi, I see from the Heathrow website, having taken her to the airport this afternoon, and when she arrives in Kenya tomorrow morning she will have just one hour to make a connecting flight to Zanzibar, where she'll be staying for the next month, teaching English for a charitable organisation out there. I think I told you that. She has a slight worry, though, as although she's been booked on the connecting flight, she doesn't, as yet, have a seat - so I suspect, from my own experiences travelling in other continents, that overbooking might be a feature here. Fingers crossed that all will be well.

I'm off to Dr Dean's end of year English department bash now, and Mrs C and Miss Alex will be at the helm. It was good to see some of you at the Leavers' events today, and I hope you enjoyed them as much as we did.

Until tomorrow, then,

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment