Wednesday 6 July 2011

It's been a busy old day today, for various reasons. Issues a-plenty to deal with and things to get on with - and, as always, all the more fulfilling for that.

Tonight I received a visit from the erstwhile headmaster of SF, Mr Nigel Talbot Rice, who had very kindly agreed to write an obituary for Nick Aldridge. We journeyed down memory lane, reminiscing about times of yore, and then he asked if he could have a look around Newton.

The LMs, of course, were fascinated to discover that the face that looks down at them whenever they're in Macmillan is actually a living, real person, and I had the pleasure of introducing them to Mr T.R. He was greatly amused, when greeted by a member of Upper Third, who introduced himself thus:

'Hello, sir, I'm **** - and you must be Nigel' !!!!!

'Er, Mr Talbot Rice to you, I think, **** !' I replied.

Anyway, it's been a long old day, so I'm going to turn in for the night, as they say in Cliche-land. (Sorry, can't do accents on the blog.)

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment