Wednesday 20 January 2010

First, I'm delighted to know that this blog is read by one person, at least. So my sincerest apologies to to my friend and erudite colleague, Dr Harskin, whose name I spelt incorrectly last night. That said, I've always imagined that there are those around the globe, in Basra, Helmand Province, a couple of the -istans, New York and Durban, to name just a few of the international locations, who read it, too, so my global greetings to you, if you are out there.

I had a positive update from Mr Bryan, who was, I'm pleased to tell you, impressed by my use of 'conundra' a couple of nights ago, which lead to a rather entertaining discussion about whether there could be a single 'tundrum', or whether a plethora of 'ho-hum(s)' would be a ho-ha. Which just caused further conundra, of course.

In Newton tonight all went well, and I found myself being the centre of an animated discussion about the remuneration of footballers. So earnest and intense was the dialogue (!) that it was suggested by one contributor that this should become the theme of a forthcoming PSHE session - to which I agreed. So I will let you know the outcome in due course.

There was a lecture tonight, from one of our Head Boys' fathers, who generously informed us about his successful (and mightily impressive) swim across the Channel. (Or La Manche, of course.) It scored a very positive and enthusiastic 9 out of 10 on average, so it was obviously deemed excellent by the audience.

So another day passes. Once the term is 'up and running' (yuk), it does go awfully quickly.

1 comment:

  1. Does that mean that the plural of 'London bus' is 'London ba', and that therefore London ba always come in strange pairs, which are called rumbaba?

    ReplyDelete