Wednesday 18 April 2012

Welcome back, my Friends and Followers! I hope you have all had good and restful hols, as we have. It was good to see so many of you this afternoon, and I shall treasure as one of the highlights of my time at Newton the moment when I was told, quite rightly, to leave the laundry, I having opined that it was 'a place in which I did not feel comfortable!

There was, as advertised on the board, a lodge meeting tonight. Well, when I say 'lodge meeting', I mean there was a bonding session between Cheska and the Newtonians, in which she held forth, and then started making a nuisance of herself with Isla. In the end I had to tell both of them to leave the room, which they did with their tails between their legs. I have to tell you, my friends, that the younger one is rather more spirited than her older sister, and not afraid to make one aware of the fact!

Mrs C and I read the HM's recent e-letter with interest, although I don't doubt that some of you might be wondering what my 'exciting plans for life post-retirement' may be. I can't tell you at the moment, but be assured that if there is news to be broadcast, as there will be within the next two or three weeks, you will read it here first. As for future blogging, well, I did ask my future boss whether he thought that a ********'s blog might be a good idea, and he opined that it would be an excellent one.

So then, here we go again, one more time. I hope this will be a great term for everyone, and let's hope the rain doesn't keep pouring down for too long. At least the grounds and the pitches are getting a long-awaited soaking.

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment